Medical Spanish Made Incredibly Easy
Thoroughly updated for its Third Edition, this guide will help health care professionals in all clinical settings communicate easily with Spanish-speaking patients. It presents Spanish words, phrases, questions, and instructions that cover signs and symptoms, history-taking, assessment of all body systems, mental health, diagnostic tests, disorders, medications, procedures, surgery, nutrition and diet therapy, medical equipment, and alternative and complementary therapies. Features include a picture dictionary, clear body-system illustrations with labels in both languages, rules of Spanish pronunciation and grammar, and indexes in English and Spanish. Publication date: June 2, 2008. 352 pages.
Previous sku 1966.
- --Spanish translations of common health-care words and phrases used when caring for patients; covers all body systems as well as general signs and symptoms, history and physical, lifestyle and family relationships, diagnostic tests, major disorders, medications, procedures, surgery, nutrition and diet therapy, medical equipment and supplies, and complementary and alternative therapies
- --Clear body-system illustrations with anatomy labeled in English and Spanish
- --Picture dictionary with labels in two languages
- --For each body system: questions for exploring health problems, medical history, family history, employment, and lifestyle
- --For each major disorder: description of the disorder, simple pathophysiology, complications, diagnostic tests, and treatments
- --Patient-teaching aids in English and Spanish, including testing blood glucose, using an oral inhaler, proper hand washing, using a condom, and injecting insulin
- --In the margins: bilingual cartoons that provide more vocabulary and extra linguistic help with assessment questions, patient teaching phrases, and much more
- --Basic rules of Spanish pronunciation and grammar
- --Summary of key terms and points at the beginning of each chapter
- --End-of-chapter self-quizzes (with answer keys) to test what the reader has learned
- --Two indexes: English and Spanish
- --Pump up your pronunciation: gives pronunciation tips
- --Joy's grammar guide: tips on correct Spanish grammar
- --La cultura: discusses cultural elements that affect health care.
- --La clinica:provides phrases relevant to pediatric, pregnant, and older patients.
NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION:
- Audio files with correct pronunciations for hundreds of key terms in English and Spanish, downloadable to your computer or MP3 player
- Chapter on mental health
- New terms with illustrations added to the Incredibly Easy! picture dictionary
- Thorough review and update of all content