LabNotes : Nurses' Guide to Lab & Diagnostic Tests 3rd Edition
LabNotes : Nurses' Guide to Lab & Diagnostic Tests
Tracey Hopkins RN, BSN
Spiral Bound 235 pages
A Davis’s Notes Title!
Here’s the portable reference you need to explain, prepare, and care for patients before, during, and after common lab and diagnostic testing.
- Covers essentials for more than 400 lab and diagnostic tests.
- Includes lab tests, radiography, arteriography, nuclear- and non-nuclear imaging, endoscopy, organ function and electrophysiology tests.
- Identifies panic lab levels and nurse alerts.
- Features illustrations that show positioning and views, specimen tube top colors, and examples of X-ray, mammogram, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, whole skeleton bone scan, and lung scan images.
- Offers patient education guidelines and tips.
- Uses wipe-on/wipe-off, HIPAA-compliant pages.
New to this Edition
- Thoroughly updated and revised throughout to include new tests, new applications for existing tests, and changes in procedures, patient preparation, and teaching.
- Easier-to-use, quick-reference design and layout.
- New nursing-focused features…
- Icons highlighting nursing responsibilities
- New section in the Tools tab addressing lab and diagnostic questions on NCLEX exams
- New section on genomic testing and its applications.
- Cutting-edge coverage of powerful, new diagnostic tools and the astonishing details that they are revealing about the human body.